We are a Southern Baptist Church committed to carrying out the Great Commission of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:18-20). We do so in Cooperation with:
1. The Covington Baptist Association of Southern Baptist Churches 2. Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions 3. Southern Baptist Convention
4. North American Mission Board 5. International Mission Board
What We Believe
1. We believe that every follower of Jesus Christ is one who seeks to be mature in Christ and live their life holy and pleasing unto the God. (Luke 9:23-36; Philippians 1:6; 2:12-16; Ephesians 4:11-16) 2. We believe that we are to love one another in order to create a portrait of harmony in the fellowship of SBC. (John 13:34-35; Ephesians 4:1-3) 3. We believe that every person has the opportunity by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ to find forgiveness and the promise of heaven. (John 3:16-17; 6:35-40) 4. We believe in caring for every person to help lift them out of their struggles and disappointments. (John 13:1-17; 1 John 2:15-17) 5. We believe that in worship we pursue God and seek to surrender ourselves to His life-changing truths. (Psalm 84:1-2; John 4:21-26) 6. We believe that every follower of Jesus Christ must endure in excellence to the very end with the life-giving truths of God. (1 Peter 4:7-11) 7. We believe that prayer changes those who pray and those being prayed for. We believe that prayer moves the hand and power of God in every circumstance. (Matthew 6-7; James 5:13-16)
What To Expect
1. Acceptance and a place for your whole family. 2. People wearing dress/business casual attire. 3. Friendliness that will help you to connect with the congregation and especially the Lord. 4. People from every walk of life connected together.
5. Anticipation of meeting with the Lord. 6. Contemporary praise and worship. 7. Biblical preaching and teaching. 8. Willingness to serve you.