God has tremendously blessed His people at Southside as they have looked to Him for wisdom and leadership. Our goal is that no one will say, "Look what Southside is doing" but rather, "Look what God is doing!"
The birth of Southside Baptist began in the summer of 1949 when Fred Brown was conducting a tent revival down the street from the old church location on Carlton Street. The invitation was given for those who would join West Highland, pledging themselves to begin a new church in this area. Services began in a house on South Cotton Street and charter Sunday was held on January 15, 1950.
Through the years, the Lord has continued to bless, guide, and direct His people to be a shining light of truth and hope in the Andalusia community. A full history of the church is available in the main office for those interested.