Vacation Bible School
Click HERE to register your child today!
Click HERE to volunteer at VBS!
NOTE: A background check and sexual abuse awareness training must be completed to volunteer at VBS at Southside.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. How old does my child have to be to participate? We provide VBS for children who have COMPLETED kindergarten all the way up through those who have completed 6th grade.
2. I have a preschool aged child. Can they participate? VBS is focused on ministering to children in elementary school. We only provide preschool childcare for Southside volunteers who give their time, sweat, and sacrifice to serve the week of VBS.
3. What will my child Do at VBS? During VBS week, your child will make crafts, enjoy music time, learn Bible stories, play games at recreation, and learn about missions and God's love for the world.
4. What measures do you take to ensure safety and security for all children participating? First, all volunteers working VBS must go through a background screen and complete an abuse training called Ministry Safe. Second, children will be dropped off and checked out at the end of the day in an orderly, organized, and secure manner. We understand time effectiveness is important; however, the safety and security of all on campus is of utmost importance to us.
5. Do I need to feed my child dinner before they come? No. We provide dinner to each child participating as part of the night. If your child has specific allergies, you will want to indicate them inside the online registration form.
6. When is Family Day and what is it? Family Day will take place on Sunday morning, July 2, starting at 10am. It will be a time to celebrate all the children have learned during the week including singing songs in worship, reciting memory verses, finding out who won the challenge between boys and girls for the week, and enjoying a free lunch and time of inflatables and fun afterwards. It is a great way to close out the week and celebrate togehter!